A Week Into NaNo and less than 2k words to show for it

National Novel Writing Month. Heard of it? It's a month of insanity, creating a first draft of a (minimum) 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Whaaaaat???

I tried it last year, made it to about 25,000 words before I burned out.

So I'm trying again this year. The get-go has been significantly slower than last year. This time last year, I was sitting around 10,000 words. But today, my total is around 1,500.

Why? It's not that I don't have a good story idea, and I have a pretty good idea of how it's going to pan out.

I don't know. Probably something to do with my chronic procrastination. I really need to get 'er done. I have no excuse.

Anyone else doing NaNo? Tips or tricks to kicking the procrastination demon? Always appreciated!

Yours procrastinatedly,

Laura

No comments: