Difficulties

I find it hard sometimes to stay on the "green and narrow" so to speak at times when I am surrounded by my friends who do not follow the same rules as me. It's hard to be the odd one out and just constantly think that they think you're some kind of freak.

Working for a giant fast food corporation doesn't help either, and I really don't know where to go to help them realize the destruction that all of their apathy is causing. I try to raise awareness, and sometimes people realize that it is a small change, but if one more person does it, then it's not as small. But then there are those who cause waste and destruction willingly and purposefully, and I just want to smack these people in the head and try to wake them up.

Why have we become a nation of such lazy people who follow the bidding of those higher than us on the consumer chain? It's so strange to think that it was all intentionally planned by the corporations and governments, and that they wanted this consumerist living to become the norm. Which it has, sadly.

Enough of my musings. Back to work I must go.

No comments: