Product review : Coconut oil

So I finally made a quick trip to Rainbow Foods. Didn't end up buying any of the bulk foods, but I need to make an inventory of what they provide.

I did however notice that the location had expanded since the last time I was there! Fantastic, they now carry organic bleach (who knew?) and also managed to find some coconut oil! I have been looking at buying some, and it seemed the only way to get it was online. Alas, to my great pleasure, this was not the case. They provide it in glass and plastic jars. I chose glass, even though the price was higher, because I feel much more comfortable reusing something that is made of glass. The lining of the lid more than likely contains some plastic, but it's significantly less than if the whole container were plastic.

I also got to put it to the test in terms of healing ability. I walked to work on Monday (45 minutes) and very much enjoyed the time spent outside, despite becoming slightly irked (well, very irked) with the amount of litter polluting the bike path. I also managed to give myself a blister. Right square in the middle of my left heel. Work sucked, as I'm on my feet all day, on said blister.

So, when I got home, after I showered, I put some coconut oil on it, rubbed it in good and hard. Kept my foot off the floor/sheets/everything possible. In the morning, I woke up, checked out the blister. Still there, BUT no redness, no soreness, and best of all, couldn't even feel it to touch. I can still see it, but it doesn't hurt, hasn't grown despite working on my feet and walking to work every day (except Wednesday and today). I'm very impressed.

I definitely recommend this for any skin irritation (maybe not chronic ones, like eczema or psoriasis or the like) but razor burns/blisters/heat burns etc, definitely. I also started using this as a facial moisturizer and putting it on my lips before bed. My skin isn't noticeably oily, and feels smooth.

Now to find an effective natural cold sore remedy that actually works, because apparently my lips hate me for this weekend

No comments: