My take on Earth Hour

So with Earth Hour coming up, I definitely look forward to it. My daughter is asleep by 7:30, so that whole hour can be well spent.

Last year, Hot 89.9 (my favourite local radio station) played wonderful romantic music. Old favourites for the most part, Foreigner, Usher, etc. I'm excited to see what music they'll put on for when the lights are out.

I know a lot of people are not keen on Earth Hour, they think it's pathetic greenwashing, and that it won't make much of a difference. I feel similarly, but every little bit counts, right? Even if 10 more people turn off their lights for one hour every year, thats 10 more people than last year that will be more aware of their actions and decisions.

So I will enjoy Earth Hour with my fiancee, and I hope that the rest of you will too. Can't hurt, right? :)

No comments: