Monday Musing: Gardens

So I'm sitting here, this drab humid blah Monday morning, and I'm feeling envy.

Mel and I went up to Kemptville yesterday to meet her uncle and his partner, and they have a garden. In which they grow various foodstuff, including lettuce (which tastes like leaf lettuce, with better texture) radishes (not my thing, but cool) corn, potatoes, tomatoes, etc.

It just makes me wish that I could have one, but my apartment is facing the north, so we get like 2 hours of sunlight (if that) in the morning on our little balcony, and that's it!

If life wasn't so hectic, I would put more effort into planting my mom's vegetable garden back up, but I don't have time to go over there every day or so to pull weeds and whatever else you have to do in a garden. Plus, it's halfway through July, so it seems kinda pointless.

Just makes me sad, I can't wait to have a house with a yard so I can have my garden and learn all the in's and out's of growing food.

Peace and serenity,

Simply Me

Enjoy my Monday Musing series? Here is the list of the other posts from this series:
Happy thoughts
Automatic negative reactions
Thanksgiving
Sustainable eating
Contentment
Crutch or Reason?

No comments: