Monday Musing: Sustainable eating

Do you hunt your food, or forage it? Have you ever gone apple or berry picking?

It's hard! It's a lot of work, and a lot of time being put forth for your own sustenance when you have to gather your own.

But at the same time, it's very relaxing, and leaves you with a sense of accomplishment. Buying your food at the grocery store, you eat the food and that's it. But when you've put forward all that thought and energy towards your food, you enjoy it a little bit more. It tastes a little bit better.

I would love to have a garden. Even a few plants would be nice. Grow my own seasonal fruits and veggies. Put forward my energy for something more, my health, my family's health.

Those of you who read this, who don't have a garden or food plants, do you wish you did?
I dream of the day when I have a little house with a nice big yard, and I have a full garden and a few fruit trees. I am working to make my dream a reality.

What are you doing to reach and acheive your dreams? Have you started taking steps towards them? Why not start now?

Peace and serenity,

Simply Me

Enjoy the Monday Musing series? Here are the rest of the posts from this series:
Gardens
Happy thoughts
Automatic negative reactions
Thanksgiving
Contentment
Crutch or reason?

No comments: