NaNoWriMo? I'm trying anyways!

Yes, I am trying to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

I will confess, it isn't looking good so far... And this is also the reason that my posting has been a little irregular the past week or so. I do apologize, but I hope you understand anyways and keep reading!

But who am I if I just give up? Even if I don't win, I will still keep writing, this story is keeping me intrigued.

For those who haven't heard of NaNoWriMo before, it is a non-profit site for people to come together and try to write a novel in a month. Truly, if nothing else, it's inspirational. Fully signed and lifetime authors are included with those who sign up each year, and this year I decided to throw my name into the hat.

Truth be told, I only found it in September, and I'll also confess that I did absolutely NO pre-planning for my novel.

I'm sitting at 15,642 words as I write this and the plans I had originally are altering themselves as the characters become more defined. Which is okay.

Anyone else heard of NaNoWriMo? Trying your hand at it this year? If not, do you think you will next year?

Want me to post an exerpt from my story? Let me know somehow (comment or e-mail) and I will start posting snippets. But I'm not going to if no one is going to read them. So if you want them, you have to tell me. Kay? Thanks!
Peace and serenity,

Simply Me

No comments: