Monday Musing: Work

Having worked in a variety of fields, I can say with some meaning that having to work for a living doing something that is not fulfilling kind of sucks. It doesn't make you feel better, especially when you work in an industry that is knowingly poisoning the population, either by the food being served, or the ideas being portrayed. Where I currently work is a bit like that, it feels like every meeting and event I go to, I'm being told how wonderful this company is. But when I look around and see the corruption and the sadness that is all around, it really makes me think.

It makes me think about why money is so important. Who decided that the world was to revolve around money? All money is worth is what the corporations and the government leaders say it's worth. A piece of paper that is worth five dollars doesn't mean anything. Five dollars can't even get you a nutritious meal nowadays. Why not put value in something valuable, like commodities?

Make it worth your time to get the things you want. Barter and trade with family and friends. I have a system in my family where we share things. We exchange recipes and we exchange ideas. If anyone needs help putting something together, they call a sibling, aunt, uncle or cousin. There is no money exchange, only time and attention. That is what's worth the most.

Going to work, especially if it's a job you don't like, is ridiculous. How can we ever evolve as a society when all we do is what we're expected? Personally, I'm working towards pursuing my passions in my spare time. Maybe I will be able to make money off of it, and maybe not. I am willing to alter my lifestyle to fit into what I want my life to be. I can't just quit my job off the bat, but I can work towards getting out of it. Every day that I pursue my passions, I work towards finding my future. Not just a future, because the future will come whether I want it to or not. But my future, where I'm content in the work I put into the world.

Where do you want your future to be when the future comes? Do you want to be sitting in an office doing unfulfilling work just to go home and be miserable? Or do you want to do something with your life? Make the change, follow your passion. Live your life to the fullest. You are worth it.

Peace and serenity,

Simply Me

Enjoy the Monday Musing series? Here's the rest of the posts:
Gardens
Happy thoughts
Automatic negative reactions
Thanksgiving
Sustainable eating
Contentment
Crutch or reason?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this, it was quite helpful and told a lot

Laura Kaeding said...

I'm glad you thought so, thanks for coming by!