Wednesday's Small Step: Turn the lights out!

Small steps are small steps.

Maybe you already turn the lights out when you're not in a room, or maybe you don't. Either way, even if you use CFLs or halogens, you should try to avoid using electricity or energy to power something that's not in use.

I admit, even I leave lights on sometimes when I'm not in the room, and honestly my excuse is weak. I don't like the dark, so I'll leave the hallway light on if I'm home alone or just with my daughter. It makes me feel safer, even though it really doesn't change how safe I am.

But I try to ensure that I have the least amount of lights on as possible.

Also, due to my mood disorder, I have a hard time staying awake in the morning when there's no lights on. Which may be a slightly more realistic excuse, but it's still an excuse.

What about when you're watching a movie? Do you leave the lights on, or do you let the TV bask you in the special effects and acting wonder (or horror) that is in front of you?

What are your views on having lights on when you're not in the room?

Do you give yourself excuses sometimes, like I do? Or do you just suck it up and turn it out anyways?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Sidenote: great minds think alike! check out liverenewed.com 's article on shutting out your lights as well! just found it today. simple steps and small drops make big staircases conquered and buckets overflow. peace and love

Peace and serenity,

Simply Me

Enjoy the Small Steps series? Let me know what you think below.

No comments: