Belated wedding gift - A behemoth!

As a belated wedding present, my mother bought me a top-o-the-line computerized sewing machine. I asked for a sewing machine, and I got a behemoth! But seriously, this thing, once I figure it out, will be amazing. It's got like twenty preset stitches, and that much I can figure out how to work. The issue lies in how the heck I'm supposed to thread the needle and stuff! I looked at it, looked at the instruction manual, and I am lost.


Luckily for me, the store that sold the behemoth to my mom offers free beginner sewing lessons. I wouldn't be surprised if it was titled something like "Learn to use the behemoth - Step 1" but who knows! I still haven't called about this. Talk about procrastination at it's best!

My first goal with this new beast will be to make a few handy sized bags. I have some fun fabric scraps that a friend of M's gave me that will be perfect for practicing on. I just need to actually get around to pulling it out (which isn't far, it's on a bookshelf in the living room, haha) and plug it in. Maybe tonight I will pull it out to start experimenting with, we'll see how I feel after work.

In other news, I am planning on moving to my own domain name! I haven't figured out what it will be yet. I am seriously looking forward to the move though, it is very exciting for me and I can't wait to start fiddling around with my new site. I will be getting help with this, from a friend as well as my dad, so at least I'm not going to drown in information!

If you have any ideas, thoughts, or quips about either behemoth computerized sewing machines or owning a domain name, feel free to share them below.

No comments: