Magnesium and Your Health

I am all for natural remedies and homeopathic relief of any health problem that arises. I avoid pain killers, and haven’t used one in over 3 months. Instead, when I am in pain I opt for temperature therapy (hot/cold) and drink a lot of water. This has done me well so far, but I do not have any chronic pain issues.

My mother, however, does have chronic pain. She was diagnosed with fibromyalgia approximately 1 ½ years ago (maybe more, maybe less, I'm not 100% sure on that), and has been working forward with her health and general well being even more so now that she understands the source of her pain.

I found this book (The Pill Book Guide to Natural Medicines) at a garage sale this past summer and bought it for 50 cents. I decided to look through it for certain health problems that important members of my family, including myself, suffer from.

Turns out there is an easy way to relieve the pain and tension from fibromyalgia that many people overlook. Magnesium is the easiest and one of the safest natural remedies for fibromyalgia. It is also easy to consume if you eat a diet of whole, unprocessed, raw foods.

Magnesium is also essential for full calcium absorption. In fact, ingesting too much calcium can reduce the capability your body has to absorb magnesium. Without magnesium, even with vitamin D, your body is only able to absorb 500mg of calcium in one sitting.

Many common foods in the “standard American diet” contain little or no magnesium. This leads to an extremely common occurrence of magnesium deficiency. Simple and easy to eat foods contain magnesium including almonds, cashews, lightly cooked spinach and fresh fish such as halibut or pickerel. (more detailed information found at www.hoptechno.com/bookfoodsourcemg.htm )

How does this relate to my pain, my mother’s fibro, and life in general? Easy. Magnesium is a key ingredient to activating many enzymes in your body, and a deficiency in it can cause fatigue, confusion, heart disturbances, nerve and muscle problems and many other problems.

Want to reduce your pain, increase your health, and generally feel better? Consider adding some magnesium to your diet. Food sources are the easiest to digest, and are highly recommended by yours truly. Alternatively, if you aren’t able to eat enough, or you don’t want to risk it, there is the option of taking supplements. If you choose to take supplements, be sure to take them with food to ensure proper digestion.

Simple ways to increase your health and vitality. Improve your diet by adding magnesium.

Peace and serenity,

Laura
~~
Looking for other ways to improve your health through natural remedies? Stay tuned, I’ll be posting more information over time that is based on natural and healthy ways to increase your health and decrease your dependency on chemical drugs. Follow the new Natural Remedies tag for a full listing.

No comments: