Thinking or doing?

There are some things that you may come across that make you think. Like, really make you think.

Lately, I've been reading a lot on personal development as well as simplicity. Primarily from those two sites, but they cross link to others, and I find myself thinking a lot more.

But thinking and doing are two different things.

There are a lot of things in life that I want to do. I think about them, I plan possibilities, I imagine what I would do, what I would think. I often spend so much time thinking, that there's no time left to do.

You can do things without thinking but the consequences might be negative. (Ever said something you didn't mean just because it flew out of your mouth before you thought of it? Yeah.)

You can think things without doing but then you won't ever actually get anything that you want done. You'll just be dreaming. Or at worst, lazy.

To be productive, and not destructive, you need balance.

A balance of thinking and doing will not only get you up and moving, but make sure you're processing it effectively beforehand.

Think about what's important. Important to you, important to do, important to feel. Whatever you deem as important, is important. It needs to be taken care of, because you need for it to be taken care of.

So pick one thing. One thing each day that you want to get done. Then do it. Just do it. Plan it, make sure you understand all the angles.

Then do it.

You'll thank yourself.

Peace and serenity,

Simply Me

No comments: