Quick breakfast recipe

I decided to make a real breakfast this morning, instead of the usual cereal and milk, for myself and Emily. She didn't seem thrilled, but she loves her cereal.


So I quickly browsed the index of my cookbooks, starting with the vegetarian ones since they happened to be at the front. Then I came across The Really Useful Ultimate Student Cook Book.
(Note: if you click through the Amazon link, and purchase the book, Simply Green makes a small commission. But I always recommend you look at the library, yard sales, or second hand stores for a used copy. Thank you.)














I found a super easy mushroom frittata recipe, which worked out perfectly since I just bought my first portobello mushroom yesterday!

I altered the recipe a bit, based on what I had in my kitchen, and came out with this:

Simply Mushroom Frittata

4 eggs, beaten
handful of bread crumbs (I had been saving them and letting them dry from the bottom of bread bags)
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup grated marble cheese (pre-grated from dinner last night)
2 white mushrooms, sliced into 3/4 inch chunks
1/4 portobello mushroom, sliced into 3/4 \inch chunks
oregano (you can use whatever seasonings you'd prefer)

Throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them together until the eggs have coated everything.

Pour the mixture into a lightly greased pan, and cook on medium-low until the first side browns.

Flip it over, cook until the second side is brown.

Serves 2 (myself and my daughter)

Absolutely delicious.

If you have some quick and easy breakfast recipes, throw them my way! I'd love to give them a try, and review and share them here!

Peace and deliciousness,

Simply Me

No comments: