Adopting Simplicity: Step 1

In the spirit of keeping things simple, as my blog name says, I figured I would share some backstory.

In case you haven't read the archives of years past, this blog used to be under a different name (same domain). It was called Frugal Nuts are Green.

Silly name, but it was what I had originally been writing about. Living frugally while adopting a green lifestyle.

Eventually, my life got hectic all at once, and I decided to stop blogging for a while and focus on my life for a while.

Life got back on track, and so I decided to log back into my Blogger account and see if my blog was still there. Lo-and-behold, it was! But reading through the archives myself, I realized that my life had changed drastically, and so my blog should too.

I decided to simplify. The name Simply Green seemed appropriate for what I was aiming for in life, and what I was working towards on a daily basis.

Simplicity is something that I believe each person in this world should work towards.

Look around as you head to work, or walk down the street. You are surrounded by people who have something to do. They may not even know what they have to do, but they have to rush to it.

Take a step back in life and look at things that are important to you.

Do you multitask?

Do you fill all of your spare time with something?

Do you have no free time to do anything?

I was there. I took a step back, and looked at what I was spending my time doing.

Multitasking : Thinking I was being more productive, I tried to manage several tasks all at once. I confess, I still do. But it's not as satisfying.

Filling time with something : Doing nothing is "unproductive" so I sought out anything to fill time. Still do, again. Life is a series of steps in the direction you aim for. Perfection is not necessary. Now I look at what I fill my time with, and try to opt for enjoyable pastimes and hobbies.

No free time : There is always free time, if you stop filling your days with something.

In light of this, I am taking steps back everyday to reanalyze the choices I have made, and choices I'm going to make. Every day is a chance to take multiple steps.

Which direction are you aiming?

Peace and serenity,

Simply Me

Enjoy my Adopting Simplicity series? Here is a list of the other posts from this series:
Ask yourself this...
Be Here Now
I could never...
Three important things per day
Simplify your holidays by adding depth

No comments: